Thursday, November 17th, 2011
12:00-1:15pm CST / 1:00-2:30pm EST /10:00-11:15am PST
Are you concerned about the treatment of immigrants in our country? Do you want to learn how the Jewish community is responding to what some are calling the “Civil Rights issue of our time?” Join us for an informative webinar with Jewish leaders who are at the forefront of the Jewish Campaign for Immigration Reform.
The webinar will include:
- Explanation of the Jewish imperative for immigration reform
- Background on the history of immigration policy in the U.S.
- Economic arguments for immigration reform
- Legislative updates regarding federal immigration policy and state/local policies, including overviews of state policies like those in Arizona and Alabama
- Programming ideas for how to get your community involved in immigration advocacy
Featured Speakers Include:
- Jane Ramsey, JCUA
- Rabbi David Saperstein, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism,
- Ira Azulay , Chair of JCUA’s Immigrant Action Team
- Melanie Nezer, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- Vic Rosenthal, Jewish Community Action
is formally endorsed by over 24 national and Jewish organizations.
You can find out more about the campaign in our recently launched We Were Strangers Too Blog.
To RSVP, please email email@example.com.