March is national “coming out of the shadows” month. This Sunday, March 10, the JCUA will participate in the “Out of the Shadows” march where undocumented youth will declare themselves, “undocumented and unafraid.” This event is led by the inspiring Immigrant Youth Justice League. We ask that you join us in standing with them (RSVP here).
- Sunday, March 10, 2013
- Noon March begins at Union Plaza, ending at Federal Plaza.
- 1 pm Rally begins in Federal Plaza, where youth will declare themselves “undocumented and unafraid” in front of the federal immigration office building.
JCUA Meeting Area:
Option 1: Meet us at 11:45 am (Union Park):
- You can arrive at Union Park via the Ashland-Lake CTA train (Green and Pink lines)
- JCUA members will meet at the northeast corner of Ashland and Washington (see photo of meeting area). Look for the JCUA sign!
Option 2: Meet us at 12:45 pm (approximately) at the rally (Federal Plaza):
- When the march arrives at Federal Plaza, JCUA members will gather between the Calder sculpture and the federal building (see photo of meeting area). Look for the JCUA sign!
- Let us know if you plan on coming (it will make coordinating much easier). RSVP here.
With any questions, please contact:
Rabbi Ali Abrams
JCUA Director of Organizing