Violence in Chicago is a problem, but we believe that working together, we can reach a solution. But we can’t do it without you.
Knowledge and collaboration is power, so join JCUA and our partners in attending the Fierce Women of Faith Training Symposium on Friday, October 18, 2013.
- WHEN: 8:30am-12:00pm, Friday October 18, 2013 (registration opens at 8:00am)
- WHERE: Chicago Theological Seminary, 1407 E. 60th St (map it!)
- DIRECTIONS: If you are taking public transportation, CTS is just a five minute walk from the 6 bus. There is also free parking in the lot on the South end of the building as well as street parking near the entrance at the North end.
- CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Suggested Donation: $20-$30
What to expect?
- Engaging with topics of advocacy, awareness and community building.
- Learn about addressing violence from a legislative perspective with the Illinois Council on Handgun Violence’s Campaign Director, Mark Walsh and Senator Jacqueline Collins.
- Recognize vital aspects of community engagement including working with youth and other community partners like hospitals and the CPD.
Find the JCUA group at the event:
At the event look for JCUA staff (particularly Rebecca Katz and organizing intern Beth Filipiak) with our blue JCUA logos during registration. Rebecca will hold a brief gathering after the symposium to discuss JCUA’s next steps in our anti-violence campaign. She will be holding a JCUA sign to help everyone gather.
Help Stop the Violence:
- Tell us more about your interest and RSVP here.
- For more information about Friday, contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about all of our anti-violence work, contact email@example.com